FortiGuard Labs is the threat intelligence and research organization at Fortinet. It is comprised of experienced threat hunters, researchers, analysts, engineers, and data scientists. It’s mission is to provide customers with the industry’s best threat intelligence to protect them from malicious cyberattacks. It has three compartments:
FortiGuard Labs – a threat intelligence that keeps Fortinet armed with the best threat identification and protection available.
FortiGuard Labs Consulting – Consulting services that are designed to provide threat intelligence value to organisations without it. FortiGuard Labs Consulting helps organisations to understand the threats they face, identifies gaps in their security infrastructure and ensures their colleagues have the skills they need.
FortiGuard Security Subscriptions – Additional security options to add on to your Fortinet devices, enabling you to tailor your security choices to your environment.
FortiGuard Security Subscriptions
Security subscriptions can be added to your chosen devices; they are used for stopping in-flight threats, eliminating attacks from common entry points and actively preventing and detecting breaches. FortiGuard Security Subscriptions:
- Are fully integrated to maximize the protection across the Fortinet Security Fabric
- Provide protection across the attack vector spectrum
- Enable you to tailor your security choices to your environment
- Validate their threat effectiveness through independent, real-world testing results
- Are available as both individual and bundled subscriptions
Some of the options available include:
- Antivirus – protects against the latest viruses, spyware, and other content-level threats.
- Application Control – quickly create policies to allow, deny, or restrict access to applications or entire categories of applications.
- Content Disarm & Reconstruction – processes all incoming files, deconstructs them, and removes all elements that do not match firewall policies.
- FortiSandbox Cloud – an advanced threat detection solution that performs dynamic analysis to identify previously unknown malware.
- Industrial Control Systems – continuously updates signatures to identify and police most of the common ICS/SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) protocols for granular visibility and control.
- Intrusion Prevention – protects against the latest network intrusions by detecting and blocking threats before they reach network devices.
- IoT Service – helps decrease the attack surface stemming from IoT devices. The Fortinet Security Fabric will leverage FortiGuard intelligence to automatically identify, segment, and assign policies to IoT devices.
- Security Rating Service – Security Audit Update Service is intended to guide customers to design, implement and continually maintain the target Security Fabric security posture suited for their organization.
- Virus Outbreak Protection Service – closes the gap between antivirus updates with FortiCloud Sandbox analysis to detect and stop malware threats discovered between signature updates before they can spread throughout an organization.