Why do I need a vulnerability management program?
Standard vulnerability scans and penetration tests are ‘Point in Time’ assessments.
Your network, scanned today, could have no vulnerabilities. Tomorrow, a vulnerability could emerge.
This will leave your company exposed to unwanted threats until your next scan.
Our VMaaS service uses our security analysts’ expertise. They use leading vulnerability databases to identify issues.
Issues can include configuration vulnerabilities, gaps in your software patching procedures, and End of Life (EOL) software.
Our goal is to improve your cyber security posture. We use our knowledge of operating systems and hardware to create a strategy to reduce your attack surface.
ConnectDS remediate these vulnerabilities to reduce the threat to your business. Our job is to improve your cyber risk management program.
Learn more with our free VMaaS whitepaper
Standard vulnerability scans and penetration tests are ‘Point in Time’ assessments, this means that your network could be scanned today and have no vulnerabilities, but tomorrow, a vulnerability could be disclosed for one of your services, leaving your company exposed to unwanted threats until your next monthly/yearly/periodic scan. Our VMaaS service leverages our security analysts expertise with leading vulnerability databases to identify configuration vulnerabilities, gaps in your software patching procedures and End of Life (EOL) software, operating systems & hardware alongside a strategy to prioritise and remediate these vulnerabilities to deliver actionable vulnerability insight for your organisations cyber risk management program and leverage these results to improve your security posture.
Why Choose ConnectDS to deliver your Vulnerability Management (VMaas) program?
At ConnectDS, our VMaaS services provide full coverage of internal and external assets and cloud environments leveraging cloud scanners, network scanners and advanced endpoint agents combined with human powered expertise from our experienced security professionals. Our security analysts not only merge this information into comprehensive and scheduled compliance reporting but dig through the detail to provide actionable insights and deliverables, for focused prioritisation and remediation by your security teams, these 10 focus areas are:
- Vulnerability Distribution – Total vulnerabilities detected, Severity levels and comparison against previous month
- New Vulnerabilities – New Vulnerabilities identified in the previous month
- Top Exploitable Vulnerabilities – Identification of exposure to highest risk vulnerability where a public exploit exists
- Top 10 Vulnerable assets – Assets with the most vulnerabilities (detailed with vulnerabilities criticality for each asset)
- Most prevalent vulnerabilities – Identification of most common vulnerabilities affecting estate assets
- Top Patchable Vulnerabilities – Most prevalent vulnerabilities where a software patch is available
- External Vulnerabilities – Most prevalent vulnerabilities impacting internet facing assets.
- Vulnerabilities Remediated – vulnerabilities that have been resolved in the last month.
- End of Life – Top End of life (EOL) Software, Hardware & Operating systems
- Threat intelligence – Detection of any high profile vulnerabilities or 0-days our team have been tracking across our clients and whether there are any impacted assets within their Infrastructure.
What are the key benefits to the ConnectDS VMaaS service?
ConnectDS manged security services are heavily focused on the consultative efforts of our team, With the implementation of our VMaaS/VMS services you leverage our teams expertise, internal content, processes and technical solutions. Some of the key benefits are:
- Fast identification and classification on security vulnerabilities/weaknesses or high profile vulnerability exposures.
- Establishing best practice vulnerability management program providing visibility of your digital assets and network connected devices
- Measurement of the effectiveness of your in-house or outsourced patch management process
- Reduced risk of security vulnerabilities leading to a successful cyber attack / security breach
- Scheduled Custom reporting and proactive identification of vulnerabilities and impacts
- Scheduled meetings and consultation and remediation prioritisation of identified vulnerabilities
- Fully managed service for the comprehensive management of vulnerabilities
- Continual Service Improvement using proven processes
- Meet industry and regulatory compliance and advisory benchmarks including PCI, NIST, SANS etc
- Reduced vulnerabilities exposure thus reducing the chances of a successful cyber attack being performed against your business.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vulnerability Management as a Service:
Please see below for some common questions on our Vulnerability Management solutions, if you would prefer to speak to someone then give us a call and speak to one of our team in our global SOC.
WHAT IS VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT AS A SERVICE?
Vulnerability Management as a Service is a structured program to identify and manage security vulnerabilities – this extends from a singular vulnerability scan as this includes ongoing management of the solution and consultative input into areas of focus.
WHAT IS A VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT PROCESS?
Vulnerability management is the process of identifying, evaluating, treating, and reporting on security vulnerabilities in systems and the software that runs on them. This, implemented alongside with other security tactics, is vital for organizations to prioritize possible threats and minimizing their “attack surface.”
WHY DO WE NEED VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT?
Vulnerability management is key to validate security patching and secure configurations on a regular basis and in a structured process. It should be part of all business security programs and is required as part of regulatory and legal compliance or contractual security requirements; this is due to the effectiveness of system hardening and reducing the attack surface of a business.
HOW DO I START A VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM?
Speak to ConnectDS to see how we can provide visibility of your businesses vulnerabilities and simplify the process of standing up a comprehensive Vulnerability Management as a Service Solution.
WHAT IS REMEDIATION IN VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT?
Remediation is the resolution of identified vulnerabilities; this could be the patching of a software application, a platform update or disabling a vulnerable component. ConnectDS can also provide Patch Management services in conjunction to our Vulnerability Management service.
WHAT ARE VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT TOOLS?
Vulnerability tools are designed to proactively look for weaknesses by scanning and identifying vulnerabilities in the network. They can also provide remediation suggestions to mitigate against the potential for future corporate security breaches. This means that companies can stay ahead of hackers.
ConnectDS vulnerability management service is powered by a variety of industry leading vulnerability management tools for our assurance testing – we can also leverage your pre existing tools to perform the vulnerability management service.
HOW MUCH DOES YOUR VMAAS SUBSCRIPTION COST?
Our VMaaS service costs depend on a couple of factors such as scope and size of organisation. Speak to our security analysts today so we can understand your requirements and provide you with a service proposal detailing vulnerability management costs.
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF OUTSOURCING VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT?
Outsourcing VMaaS ensures a consistent managed service, served by our training and experienced security analysts and following the ConnectDS standardised processes and procedures.
WHAT TOOLING IS USED FOR YOUR VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT SERVICES?
ConnectDS leverage a lot of different vendor tooling for our vulnerability assessments although our VMaaS services are performed using the Qualys platform that provides deep visibility of Internal/External devices from our cloud and LAN scanners in addition to cloud agent scanners that provide deep visibility of endpoints both inside and outside the network perimeter.