Why have a vulnerability assessment?
Vulnerability assessments deliver an effective approach to identify vulnerabilities and mitigating the impact of a potential cyber threat and to provide your organisation with insights into where it can improve its threat exposure and system and platform hardening.The key benefits of validating your companies infrastructure or web application for vulnerabilities are:
- Support your local IT team with expert cybersecurity expertise
- Fast automated scans and identification and classification of known security weaknesses through complete security threat scanning
- Establishing best practice, regular vulnerability management in your computer systems and throughout your digital estate
- Reduced risk of known security vulnerabilities leading to a successful cyber attack and data breaches
- Proactive process for the identification of system threats and potential impacts
- Identifying network connected systems
- Single point of contact for vulnerability program with an experienced cyber security professional
- Consultation on assessment results with remediation of identified security issues, broken down into a comprehensive and actionable reporting with remediation steps
- Service Improvement using proven processes
- Protect your organisation and gain compliance such as GDPR, PCI, NIST and Cyber Essentials
- Important aspect of a complete cybersecurity management program (information security) and reduction of likelihood of security attack, events, incidents and breach
- Prioritisation of critical threats and risk management and mitigation
ConnectDS provide a wide coverage for assurance with our 3 main types of vulnerability assessments requirements, these are:
- Internal Network Assessment – Vuln assessment of internal devices using specialist assessment software and experienced security professionals to identify issues in your networks and deliver actionable vulnerability analysis insight for your organisational cyber risk management program. The implementation of internal scan agents facilitates remote testing of internal assets without the requirement for physical access or set-up of corporate VPN access; alternatively, on-site security engagements are performed.
- External Network Assessment – Full network testing of external network systems, applications and infrastructure devices to identify weaknesses that can be leveraged by attackers to gain unauthorised access to your systems. No additional hardware sensors or installation of software by the customer is required for this type of testing.
- Web Application Assessment – The standard testing service of businesses web applications to identify web threats in-line with the OWASP Top 10 framework. Our tools include the identification of the following vulnerabilities:
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- SQL injection
- Blind SQL injection
- Insecure cryptographic solutions
- Insecure session monitoring
- Server configuration issues
- Incorrect header information
- CRLF injections
- Command execution attacks
- Format string exceptions
- Unvalidated redirects
If you need an even more in depth analysis of your current cyber-security posture that can help you measure and understand the actual risk to your company, then our web application vulnerability assessment services can be coupled with our thorough network penetration testing or Web Application Penetration Testing services to provide full organisation coverage on an ongoing basis.
ConnectDS’s UK vulnerability testing services are a consultative engagement for small to medium sized businesses and includes a detailed vulnerability assessment report that includes security findings, risk identification, data validation and remediation details in simplified format, all engagements also include a rescan for validation of remediated and known vulnerabilities. All consultation and advice will be provided for remediation of any identified vulnerabilities by one of our expert security professionals.
ConnectDS provide both unauthenticated and authenticated vulnerability assessments, with authenticated assessments our clients provide us with login credentials to their host and server systems enabling us to log into the target systems an administrative user and perform a more comprehensive analysis to identify vulnerabilities that are not externally exposed – authenticated scanning is recommended for the greatest visibility to validate user workstations and servers patching as part of validation for your patch management program.